What To Wear During An InternshipThe right look for your internship: here's what to wear and the essential items you should have in your wardrobe.
It is often said, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’, but having the right dress for your first day of internship helps you to leave a perfect first impression. There’s no denying it. If you’re about to start an internship, you probably have lots of questions about what to wear.
You want a look that’s interesting but that also inspires confidence. So let’s pick out the best items to wear during your internship.
Internship: The Essential Staples For The Perfect Look
First, an important tip: avoid any clothing that doesn’t suit your age. Also avoid clothes that are too loose or transparent. Men should avoid unbuttoned shirts. That said, the essential wardrobe for an intern should include these items.
If you’re a woman:
- Boots: but not the sporty All Star type, and not very elegant boots with heels. Ankle boots allow you to move around easily, but also look good under a skirt.
- Longuette skirt : a skirt that comes just below the knee is an essential item for an intern. It’s smart and casual at the same time.
- Blazer: a blazer worn over a shirt is perfect for any occasion. If things are quiet in the office, you can take it off and hang it over your chair, but if you’re suddenly called to a meeting with your boss, you can slip it back on and look really smart.
If you’re a man:
- Black trainers: classic sneakers are also good, provided they’re all black. White soles generally look too adolescent for the office, while black shoes, including trainers, are smarter in appearance.
- Shirt: not a white shirt, but a patterned shirt that shows your sense of taste; it’s a good compromise between an overly casual t-shirt, and an excessively smart suit and tie.