Short-term Winter Jobs Abroad For Travel LoversFive seasonal winter jobs to suit those who like travelling. We'll tell you which to choose, where to go and how to find them.
If you love travelling, but also need to earn some money to continue with your passion, why not do some short-term work abroad this winter? In this way, you can combine business with pleasure.
There are many opportunities to work away from home, even in winter. There are many resorts busier in summer, and at that time hotels and beaches are all looking for extra help, but there are also many opportunities for finding a job in the winter months.
5 seasonal winter jobs you can do abroad
- Ski instructor: lots of ski resorts throughout northern Europe are packed with tourists in winter, who want to spend a few days relaxing and having fun. So if you’re a qualified ski or snowboard instructor, all you need to do is pack your bag and go.
- Working in the countryside: you can find a job picking seasonal fruit or vegetables in some faraway part of the world at any time of year. One of the best choices for this type of work is Australia, and their visa process is also simpler than other countries. If you’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty, ask around, and you’ll soon find a job to suit you.
- Activity leader: there’s no low season in tourist villages. Many tourists want to go to hot places in winter, and the activity leader plays a vital role in organising games and trips for hotel guests. Why not give it a go?
- Photographer: the photographer is an important figure on the ski slopes. Think about all those kids learning to ski; their parents will pay handsomely for a good quality souvenir photo. Better get to work and become a photographer.
- Bar staff and waiters: there are always plenty of tourists in the major European cities at any time of year. You need to choose the foreign city you’d like to visit, and then look for a bar or restaurant near the centre where you can ask for work. But remember that you’ll certainly need a good, specialist CV for a bartender or waiter.