Student Jobs: 6 Options for Weekend WorkingPart-time jobs for students which only involve weekends: here's how you can earn without neglecting your studies
When you’re a student, it’s not easy to find a suitable job and earn a bit of money. You have to find the right balance, with a job that meets your expectations without distracting you from your studies.
There are plenty of part-time jobs that only involve working at weekends. By choosing this type of work, you can earn without neglecting your studies. Of course, you’ll have to sacrifice a bit of your free time, but it is well worth it. Here are some jobs that just involve weekend working and would suit a student like you.
Working at the weekend: 6 perfect jobs for students
- Waiter in a restaurant or pizzeria: there are many places that can’t cope with the extra customers at weekends and need more waiting staff. You only have to work for a few hours at the weekends, and the pay is good. Not to mention the tips!
- DJ in a disco: If you love music, you can start training to be a DJ. There are many opportunities available, the pay is good and it’s fun. What more can you ask for?
- Activity leader on the beach or in tourist villages: at weekends many beaches offer a bit of entertainment for children. You should have some experience and know how to entertain people, even the very young. But working as an activity leader offers a lot of satisfaction.
- Tutoring: you can use the weekends to help children with their studies or homework. If you’re at University, this is a good way to use your knowledge of your subject and also do some revision.
- Baby-sitter: At weekends and in the evenings you can help out a family with children. This way, the parents can have a little time and space to themselves. The pay is very attractive and there’s a high demand!
- Shop assistant: there are lots of shops that need extra help at weekends. They range from the big clothing chains to smaller stores. If you want to apply for a job as a shop assistant, you’ll need a good CV and a well-targeted cover letter.